[cisco-voip] Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6 Failover

cem caglayan cem.caglayan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 03:01:35 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I'm desperate on this.. We have a 3845 voice gateway attached to two 7800
series call manager servers. Here is the deal; i would like to integrate
failover feature within these two 7800. I've searched all over the cisco
documentations but no use...

We already have an operating CUCM 6, besides yesterday i could manage to
setup second node. I can see the second node in CUCM 6 as subscriber in the
cluster. But when i pull out the first node's LAN cable, second one does not
automatically takes place as the first node and make a failover. All the ip
phones stuck, while trying to obtain IP address. Besides, when i give the ip
address (which was obtained when the first node is online) manually, the
result is the same, phones stuck.

As i said, i couldn't find any detailed documentation how to make an
operating failover, the ones that i found was not enough for me to do the
job.

I am waiting for you guys to help on me.

Kind Regards.

Cem CAGLAYAN
Physicist - MIS Grad Student