[cisco-voip] UCCX backup failed after installing McAfee VSE 8.0

abuch abucho at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 07:43:40 EDT 2009

Hello Group,
I am unable to do either a scheduled or manual backup of UCCX
5.0(2)SR01_Build053 after installing McAfee VSE 8.0 on both redundant
servers. The following is a snippet of the error message I got when the
backup fails:

Unable to contact Call Manager. Please make sure that the Call Manager is
running and connected to the network
com.cisco.wf.spanlinkBackupRestore.SLCfgArchiveComponent; nested exception
is: com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Unable to process backup request;
nested exception is: com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: CDBRTool failed to
backup Spanlink config, refer to the MCVD logfiles for more details.

The call manager and the UCCX servers are in the same VLAN and there is
connectivity between them.

best regards,

Abebe Amare