[cisco-voip] How can I monitor calls....

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Tue Apr 14 11:58:44 EDT 2009

on a VG-224 gateway running MGCP?

I have some VGs that support various analog devices, and in some cases,
I'd like to be notified when one of those ports goes offhook and makes a
call.
Ideally, I'd like to get an email from the VG when a call is made using
one of the ports.
Best yet would be a call log showing source and destination.

I know I can pull that from CDR, but I wanted to get some sort of
automated notification of those calls, as opposed to my looking in CDR
by hand whenever I decide to check.

any ideas?

I didn't find anything in embedded-event-monitoring for the VG devices,
and I'm not sure what they'd do considering MGCP.

If there's a way to configure the CMs to alert via email for calls
to/from a particular DN, I don't know how to do that.

Tim Reimers
Systems Analyst II
Information Technology Services
City of Asheville