[cisco-voip] OT?: Panic Buttons

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Wed Apr 15 16:48:34 EDT 2009

This might be a bit off topic, but seeing as how we're trying to reduce
our telco costs in favor of leveraging our IP infrastructure, it thought
it was worth posting.

So I'm looking for an alternative to paying for leased lines to 911 for
panic buttons.  Nothing fancy, just a simple button that would alert
simple details (specific location) to multiple contacts.  Though we
could go more advanced, to something like a blue-light phone that would
be a hands-free  911 call.

We also happen to have fiber to the police station, so placing some sort
of presence there might be a possibility if someone has a good solution
for more of a local security desk solution.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.