[cisco-voip] Least expensive router that can run CUBE

Bill Simon bills at psu.edu
Thu Apr 23 11:07:42 EDT 2009

Thanks everyone for your answers.  I am going to be playing with it on
the 7200 simulator until we can get in a 2811.

I'm looking through the documentation and see how to do trunking.  I'm
not clear on how I would configure it for remote users.  That is, use
the CUBE as an SBC for soft clients or remote hard phones to connect and
authenticate to before being allowed to forward calls in to the CUCM.
Should I authenticate against CUBE or pass authentication through to
CUCM?  Maybe I don't have the concept clear in my mind.

For remote users, I see the CUBE as the way to connect them in to our
CUCM without putting a CUCM subscriber out on a public network for them
to use directly (and to be attacked by the Internet).