[cisco-voip] I can't hear congestion tone.

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 10:14:19 EDT 2009

   I would get a q.931 debug. how is this supposed to work? a lot of
the time, whats supposed to happen is a particular message from the
telco such as a progress or disconnect will be returned from the telco
with a PI of inband info available, and audio can/should be cut
through one-way towards the caller so he/she can hear the message from
the PSTN. This may not be happening correctly for you. get isdn q931
plus h.225/245 or MGCP packet debugs from your gateway and traces from
CUCM and we can look and see what's going on with your signaling.

Tell us more about what happens. For example, do you:
see the call say "connected" but not hear anything?
see the call say "proceeding" but not hear anything?
get disconnected completely, with the phone going on hook?
get reorder tone instead of the "congestion" tone you were expecting?

Please give us debugs and more detail on what you actually observe.

Thanks!

-Peter