[cisco-voip] conference g729

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:58:24 EDT 2009

I think it depends on what your doing.

if your using the software conference bridge based on CM servers it only
does G711 at which point you need DSP for Transcoding 729 to 711.

or the other option is to create a DSP farm for hardware conferencing that
will do both 729 or 711 or both.  then you don't need the transcoding as the
hw confering DSP's do the transcoding.  but if you run applications (such as
IPCCx) that only run g711 then you will still need DSP's for transcoding.

Hope that answers your question.

Scott