[cisco-voip] callmanager license migration from 4.x to 6.x

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:21:00 EDT 2009

This is an older thread that I am going to hi-jack for a quick thought.  I
too am adding new hardware to my wonderful CCM upgrade from 4.1.3 to 7.0.2
I have the media and the hardware, this is what I was thinking.

1.  Load CCM 4.1.3 onto the new hardware.
2.  Shut down my PUB so as not to confuse the network and run BARS to
restore the LAB server to current configuration.
3.  unplug NIC on LAB to avoid collisions and power PUB back on

(production is back in business)

4.  Change IP Address on LAB server to new scheme.
5.  begin upgrade procedure and license requests for LAB server
6.  Obtain license for LAB server (MAC will match)
7.  Test upgrade ad-naseum until satisfied then move phones and users to new
cluster.

Am I going about this with more difficulty than necessary?  I often think
things out to the hardest possible method and then struggle with why it
wasn't easier.  The end result is I would like a production cluster and a
lab cluster so I can test in relative peace while the end users are unaware
of any changes, then maybe even doing training on the new system with six to
eight phones registered to the new system, and change over end users as my
leisure...

Ideas?  Thoughts?  Concerns?

Thanks all

Kevin