[cisco-voip] Phone Load update - phones do not upgrade

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 24 14:03:56 EDT 2009

I have two CUCM 6.1 clusters (6.1.2.1001-4) that needed some new phone loads
applied for 79X2 (to fix a dtmf problem).  I applied 8.4(4) to replace
8.4(1)sr2.  I applied the downloaded phone load file to each tftp server in
each cluster using the Software Upgrade menu in platform administration,
then restarted all tftp servers in each cluster.

I then reset phones, about 100 at a time.  I found that one cluster upgraded
without a hitch.  However, the other cluster's phones did not get the new
loads when reset.  Even when I shut/no shut switch ports forcing reboots of
phones, the old load remained in place.

I checked Unified Reporting, and database status looked good.

What else should I look at?  Should I try reloading the image to the second
cluster? (I used the same sftp server to upload to both clusters).

Thanks for any suggestions!

--
Dave Wolgast
Livonia, NY