[cisco-voip] 7960 periodic pop noise

Teixeira, Mike mwteixeira at bendbroadband.net
Wed Aug 26 13:30:23 EDT 2009

We are replacing the 7960s with 7945s. We ordered the new phones but they haven't arrived yet.

Our old Nextel phone, when active, would cause a 7960 to make noise when on a PTT call  and receiving PTT. I'll do more testing.

A while ago I was running the stage for a concert. During the concert the bass player had his iPhone on top of his amp. Everytime the iPhone received data the amp made a horrible noise. If I have my data correct, the cause was the bass player's iPhone was GSM.

Mike