[cisco-voip] Placing A Long Distance Call With Account Code Through A Script

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Aug 26 16:49:39 EDT 2009

possible but not easy.

digits to route the call are passed over d-channel in ISDN setup
message.  your LD code must be delivered in band after call is setup. In
isdn speak these go through the b-channel rather than through the d-channel.

That said it is possible.  The arrangement would have to be more like
this though:

user accesses web page that you author to configure the CFA destination
and LD code.
user then forwards phone to an internal number that is routed to a CTI
route point that kicks off your script.  This may be possible with
TCL/VXML but I am not familiar enough with that technology to comment.

someone calls user1 phone.  user1 phone forwards to CTI route point.
Your script (in IP-IVR or CUAE) looks at the redirecting party number.
use that as key to lookup the forward destination for that user1's
phone.  initiate a consultative transfer to that destination.  pause the
specified number of seconds then 'senddigit' to send the LD code.  then
complete the consultative transfer.

Like I said, not easy, but possible.

Another implementation:
Have one trunk or a few analog lines that are not configured for LD
code.  Setup special call routing for these trunks using a special
prefix.  When users need to CFA their phones offnet have them use the
prefix code for this special routing that does not prompt for LD codes.
You can still monitor per user utilization using CDR's from CM.

/Wes