[cisco-voip] IP Communicator on ESXI

Keith Klevenski KKlevenski at cstcorp.net
Thu Aug 27 13:22:46 EDT 2009

This should work although I have never tried it plus it's $30:  http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html

>From the site:  "VAC needs no hardware audio card; it is a "virtual audio card" itself."

This was recommended by the CUPS guru for VMWare here: http://htluo.blogspot.com/2009/03/ccie-voice-lab-v3.html

Keith

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Tired Banchini
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:39 AM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] IP Communicator on ESXI

Hi Chaps,

I am trying to install CIPC on ESXI, but because of lack of sound device on the Guest OS as it cannot use the Host sound devices, the CIPC won't start as it sees no sound devices.

I don't really care for the sound as I just using CIPC as visual means of testing remotely and also to set up PSTN emulation using the 8 lines.

1. Is there anyway to get CIPC installed, a way to over-ride the sound device dependancy?
2. Simply get the audio to work via th Host sound devices?

Thanks in advance
TB