[cisco-voip] Wacky telco issues... cannot call the UK

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:50:48 EST 2009

are you sure IOS was sending out calls to other counties with unknown
unknown?    IOS may have some logic related to the number of digits in the
number as to when it adds the international type.

It could also be that IOS was sending all calls out as international and
your International provider was using a special route to UK where it was
being rejected there and sent back to you.

I always use that isdn map command for international calls and send calls
out with the leading 011 and unknown/unknown and never have any trouble.
Just add it to your template and you should be good from here out.

Justin