[cisco-voip] PLAR - SIP to SCCP - CUCM 7.1(2)

Jack Martin jackm at tushaus.com
Tue Dec 1 09:55:54 EST 2009

I am trying to configure a PLAR line in CUCM 7.1(2) from a SIP phone (3911) to a 7942G.   For the SIP phone I configured a SIP dialing rule and applied it to the SIP phone configuration but all I hear is dial tone when I pick up the headset.  I would like the PLAR to ring a line appearance on a 7942G.

I followed the procedure listed in this document:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide
Release 7.1(2)

My question is, can I mix the SIP and skinny phones for PLAR or do the phones need to be the same protocol?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jack Martin, CCVP
Network Engineer
Tushaus Computer Services