[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 7 Call Handlers based on Called Number

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Thu Dec 3 12:49:50 EST 2009

I finally got a chance to try this in the lab. This is where that "I
haven't tried this" caveat mentioned before comes in :-)You're right,
a single digit won't work with this, UC (and Unity) match single
digits to caller-input only, they don't try to look up the extension,
which is what you would need for this to work.  If you can live with
dialing two digits (00?), that works.

Other than that, I can't think of any more solutions for you outside
of separate call handlers. You might want to ping your account team
for a feature request. Adding something to caller-input like 'route to
this extension based on search space' probably wouldn't be too
difficult to add.