[cisco-voip] T1 CAS dropped calls

Kevin Damisch kevin.damisch at vitalsite.com
Fri Dec 4 11:18:57 EST 2009

I am troubleshooting some dropped calls.  If the CDRs show a 0 for both the OrigCause_value and DestCause_value, does that sound like a CUCM, gateway, or carrier issue?  This is on an outbound IP phone to PSTN call through an MGCP gateway with a T1 CAS to the carrier.  It is random throughout the day, so trying to capture something in a debug would be by chance.  From what I understand, if the OrigCause_value is 16 and DestCause_value is 0, then the calling party disconnected first.  If the DestCause_value is 16 and the OrigCause_value is 0, then the called party hung up first.

Can anyone confirm or offer suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

This communication (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Vital Support Systems at 515 334 5700 and delete or destroy all copies and the original document.