[cisco-voip] Interoperability - Tagging area code and prefix to outbound calls?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Tue Dec 8 17:06:03 EST 2009

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

The Translation pattern makes sense.  If I'm reading you right...

I assume I would only apply it to a partition that is part of my CSS for that specific gateway [Voice GW2]?  I can still keep it in the same RouteGroup?

Not quite sure yet how to get the translationpattern/PT/CSS to trigger only on the PBX calls.  I already know I'll have to make multiple translation patterns because of all the prefixes and area codes on the PBX side.

To throw an additional wrench in the mix...I have some overlapping ranges between the CUCM and the PBX.  If I wild card certain ranges in a translation rule (  78xx -> prefix (123)456  ) to catch 7800-7898, would a number on CUCM outbound (123)456-7899 trigger this rule?  Or would it be ignored because of the (123)456 already in front of it (not an exact match)?

JonM