[cisco-voip] Unified Business Attendant Console Backup

Bennie Grant Bennie.Grant at mettoni.com
Tue Dec 8 17:10:27 EST 2009

Sorry guys - just moved to a Mac and it seems the mail rules don't work the same way as they used to :)

Adam, to answer your question there isn't a specific supported backup application - as these are the Cisco OEM products, its at the discretion of TAC as to what they will/want support, but I'll give you some generic info:

The key element to backup are the two databases. One of these is the configuration database, and the other holds call statistics. The Call stats one isnt used currently but may be in future versions. If you're not too bothered about the historical call stats, don't worry too much about backing it up...

Both databases are SQL based, so as long as you can back up "open files" on SQL, you'll be fine. I have seen people simply use the backup tool within the SQL Enterprise Manager to create a job for regular backups - that should work

The Cisco folder itself will typically just contain the files (exes, dlls etc) plus possibly trace files if you have them enabled and stored there. It doesn't do any harm to back them up, but they wont change on a regular basis (other than the traces of course), so its up to you

>From a restore point of view, I'm not completely familiar with it myself as I've never done it, but the process on the Arc side is to typically install a fresh version of the product on a new machine, allow the databases to be created with the same names as the old/backed up ones, then just restore the backups over the top of the original/fresh install databases

If it is of interest, the Arc forum may also be a good place to post this - http://forum.arcsolutions.com. There's nothing on this topic there specifically at the moment, but I'm hoping for that to become valuable resource for things Arc/CUxAC related in time :)

Cheers
--
Bennie Grant
VP - Operations

[cid:3343137027_1585137]

NEW US HEADQUARTERS
We have moved offices! Arc Solutions are now based in the Cisco RTP campus in North Carolina. Please make a note of my new direct line number above.