[cisco-voip] Callmanager 7.1.3 Release notes about Low Active Parition CSCtc99413

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Mon Dec 14 18:04:29 EST 2009

Do I understand the fix for bug CSCtc99413 is to run DRS in 5.1.3 and
then restore that 5.1.3 DRS file in 7.1.3a?  I thought you could only
restore exactly same eg 5.1.3 backup with DRS must restore to 5.1.3.

Or is the fix to upgrade to 7.1.3a, then do a DRS under 7.1.3a, then
clean install  7.1.3a, the restore my 7.1.3a DRS file?

I'm going from 5.1.3 to 7.1.3a (7.1.3.21901-1)

CallManager 7.1.3a Release Notes

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_3/cucm
-rel_notes-713a.html

CSCtc99413  Upgrade from 5.1.3 to 7.1.3a results in LowActivePartition
DiskSpace.
Symptom:

If the last fresh install was 5.x, then when upgrading to 7.1.3 or
greater, we see low active partition disk alerts.

Conditions:

System must have once been on a 5.x release, with no fresh installs
since then.
Must be upgrading to 7.1.3 or greater release.

Workaround:

Perform the following steps:
Lower the threshold for the low active partition disk space warning to
less than 4%.
Backup your system.
Perform a fresh installation.
Restore the system so that the disk is repartiitoned and is no longer
limited by the inefficient 5.x disk partitioning.

Disclaimer:

from your computer. Thank you.