[cisco-voip] Cisco VPN Gear Inquiry

Tim Fulton sawlines.it at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:40:51 EST 2009

I am currently looking for a replacement device preferrably a Cisco device
to replace a Sonicwall TZ-190.  We are using Sonicwall TZ-190 devices to
establish an IPSEC VPN tunnel across either a WiFi or cellular connection
back to our HQ.  The Sonicwall is nice in that it provides both a firewall,
switch and some routing capabilities in on device.  However, I am looking to
expand the capabilities of these device and need to replace it.

What I'm looking for is a device that allows different VPN tunnels or no VPN
at all based upon the active WAN / WWAN connection.  Hence a WiFi connection
on an already secure wireless network would not require a VPN, a WiFi
connection or a cellular connection on unsecure wireless connection would
require a VPN tunnel.

Any suggestions on such a device?

Thanks,

Tim in Tennessee