[cisco-voip] Setting up an MGCP VGW

Huffman, Tim thuffman at rosettastone.com
Thu Dec 31 14:09:26 EST 2009

Thanks!

Tim Huffman

From: Jason Shearer [mailto:jshearer at amedisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 1:33 PM
To: Lelio Fulgenzi; Huffman, Tim
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] Setting up an MGCP VGW

Here is another good line to add to an MGCP config (although not required to make it work).

mgcp ip qos dscp cs3 signaling

Keeps you from having to reclassify and mark your control traffic.  Other than that Lelio is on the right track.  The best thing you can do is read the command reference for the ccm and mgcp commands so you understand what everything actually does.  Remember if you are using SRST or CMEasSRST to add the following lines:

application
  global
  service alternate Default

This tells the router to use the “default” app (H.323) of the requested app (MGCP) is unavailable during fallback.

HTH,
Jason