[cisco-voip] CCIE Security Vs Voice

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Tue Feb 3 08:13:03 EST 2009

1) CCIE Voice and Service Providers...

    Yes.  The most useful part would be knowing your way around a gateway/gatekeeper/CUBE and how H323 and SIP work.  As stated, its good because it helps you think a little more like a voice person.  More specifically... what exactly is happening to a call when feature 'x' is used to treat it.  What is the call path?   What is the signalling path?  What are the intermediate steps?

2)  Yes.  Definitely yes.  Large enterprises in particular.  CCIE Voice is enterprise centric.

3) Yes.  This line is blurry these days anyway.

I would add that it would be worth your time to download the Eclipse Voice Tool Package and get yourself familiar with VXML/CCXML/ECMAScript (i.e., Javascript).  The Eclipse package is what Cisco's CVP studio is modeled after.  You can use this package in conjunction with a Tellme Studio account and start learning VXML.....  You can even become a certified VXML developer.  This, in combination with your CCIE, would make you stand out.