[cisco-voip] Unity Digital Networking work between Voicemail Only 5x and Unity Unified 5x

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Tue Feb 3 20:28:23 EST 2009

>From the Unity Networking Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/networking/guide/ex/5xcunet020e.html#wp1050332

"Requirements for Setting Up Digital Networking

The key to Digital Networking is that all of the Cisco Unity servers
access a common directory. To use Digital Networking, the Cisco Unity
servers must be in the same Active Directory forest.

Note that Cisco Unity servers that are licensed for Unified Messaging
(UM) and Cisco Unity servers that are licensed for Voice Messaging
(VM) can use Digital Networking to exchange messages. There are no
licensing issues associated with VM and UM existing in the same
Exchange organization or Active Directory forest, as long as the VM
subscribers access voice and fax messages only over the phone
interface or with the separately licensed Cisco Personal
Communications Assistant (PCA). "