[cisco-voip] Question about T1 clocking

Estes, Timothy TimothyEstes at spherion.com
Wed Feb 4 09:52:40 EST 2009

I have this running on about 90 28XX routers in the field. Sprint MPLS circuits on the data side and Verizon or AT&T PRIs. You have to set network clock select to the PRI for it to come up, therefore the data circuit slips. Out of the 90 sites, only 2 have required new VWICs because of errors. The rest tolerate the slips. I see as low as 15 and as many as 90 slip seconds on the data circuits. 40 or 50 seems to be the limit for me, your mileage may vary.

Timothy Estes
Data Network Operations Engineer
ACS / Spherion
Ft. Lauderdale FL