[cisco-voip] Unity 5 on VMWare

Philip Walenta pwalenta at wi.rr.com
Wed Feb 4 17:06:42 EST 2009

Scott,

I would recommend against it for production purposes.

The major issue with things running under VMware is media servers (i.e.
Intel HMP, Nuance etc).  These media servers tend to be very fussy about
timers and interrupts - things completely not under their control when
running under VMware.

I've got Unity connections 7 and Unity 5 running under VMware.  Neither of
them do well with prompts or anything else.  You hear pops, cracks, hisses
and all sorts of other fun noises.  DMTF also appears to get lost on
occasion.  There are also delays in playing prompts.

  _____