[cisco-voip] UCCX Scripting

Sean Walberg swalberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:32:26 EST 2009

http://uccx.net is a good resource.

However I have to caution you to take scripts you find on the net with a
grain of salt. A lot of the people developing UCCX scripts aren't
programmers, and the code is just horrible. Even the holiday script in the
official Cisco UCCXD course, which is widely copied, makes me cringe for its
inappropriate use of XML and XPath.

The scripting guides on Cisco.com are good resources, especially volume 3.
It shows how to do some interesting things with the Java language within the
scripts. It also has the proper way to use XML and XPath, which makes me
wonder if the people developing the courseware ever RTFM.

</rant> :)

Sean

Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/