[cisco-voip] Delayed ringing?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:06:49 EST 2009

Here is another way to do it:
1. On the first destination phone, setup the dn in your normal line
partition.
2. Create a "Line2" partition (call it what you want). Create a calling
search space that can call only that partition.
3. Put an appearance of your DN on the second destination phone, except put
it in your "Line2" partition.
4. On the first phone, set your call forward no answer destination to the
same DN, and set the CSS for call forward no answer to the CSS you created
in step 2. Set your call forward no answer timer to whatever you like.

Now if someone calls that DN, it will ring on the first destination, then
after the no-answer timer it will ring on the second destination.

We've used this in the past because some users want a seperate button for
their delay rings. Hunt list works too, depends on the user's requirements.
I'm sure there is other ways to accomplish it as well.