[cisco-voip] 6.1.3 Upgrade - new licence?

Chris Ward chrward at cisco.com
Thu Feb 12 10:40:38 EST 2009

Hi Steven,

Found this:

³Software Feature License

When you upgrade from any supported release of Cisco Unified Communications
Manager to Release 6.1(3), you must download and install a software feature
license to activate the new features. The Cisco Unified Communication
Administration Guide indicates that you must install a software feature
license only if you are upgrading from 5.x or 6.x releases. You also need a
license if you are upgrading from supported 4.x releases. For instructions
about how to obtain and install a software feature license, see the "License
File Upload" chapter in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Administration Guide.²

This is misleading.

Wes¹ comments apply if you are using a demo license. However, if you are
using CUCM with legit licenses on 6.1.1b, upgrading to 6.1.3 will require no
new licenses.

HTH

Chris Ward