[cisco-voip] CM / Unity SIP integration

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Thu Feb 12 11:23:56 EST 2009

The SCCP integration has been around in Unity since....ever, and had
most of the bugs worked out (ok, it is at least 'fairly stable' :-) ),
whereas the SIP integration to CCM is still relatively new. Limitation
wise, as I recall, you can't do Unity failover with SIP trunks, but
that may have changed. Not sure if there is anything else.

For me, this is similar to the question of, whether to use SIP or SCCP
loads on your phones. It is great that SIP is an option, but given
limited deployments relative to SCCP, and lack of some features, what
is the real argument in favor?