[cisco-voip] OT: VRF

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:30:45 EST 2009

ping vrf Voice
Protocol [ip]:
Target IP address: 10.x.x.1
Repeat count [5]:
Datagram size [100]:
Timeout in seconds [2]:
Extended commands [n]: y
Source address or interface: 10.x.x.3
Type of service [0]:
Set DF bit in IP header? [no]:
Validate reply data? [no]:
Data pattern [0xABCD]:
Loose, Strict, Record, Timestamp, Verbose[none]:
Sweep range of sizes [n]:
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.x.x.1, timeout is 2 seconds:
Packet sent with a source address of 10.x.x.3
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

but:

sh ip route vrf Voice
Routing Table: Voice
Codes: C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP
       D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
       N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
       E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2, E - EGP
       i - IS-IS, su - IS-IS summary, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2
       ia - IS-IS inter area, * - candidate default, U - per-user static
route
       o - ODR, P - periodic downloaded static route
Gateway of last resort is not set
     10.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 3 subnets, 2 masks
C       10.x.x.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan99
C       10.x.y.2/32 is directly connected, Loopback101
D       10.x.y.1/32 [90/130816] via 10.200.99.1, 2d17h, Vlan99

Scott