[cisco-voip] Question: Linksys (and others) SIP Phones with CCM 6.x/7.x

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Mon Feb 16 07:04:38 EST 2009

Hi,

1) I don't see a point in changing firmware to SIP. The native firmware
is still SCCP, and AFAIK it still offers a bit more than it's SIP
counterparts.
2) Seat licenses will cost more with third party SIP phones. On the
other hand, since Linksys's voice line has been more or less integrated
into the Cisco offer, it's future support is questionable at least (no
point in running competing products, right?)
3) You need to buy separate MCS for IPCCX (or rather UCCX as it's called
nowadays). UCCM 5.x+ does not support any collocated applications anymore.

.. just my 2c.

regards,
  Zoltan