[cisco-voip] VNC Connection Flakey?

Thomas LeMay thomaslemay at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 08:30:12 EST 2009

Recently, I discovered that Real VNC caused one of our Unity servers to hang
on a reboot.  This meant that I could not access the server remotely with
RDP, APC KVM or Real VNC.  It would hand right before Real VNC would display
the prompt for the CRTL, ALT Delete so that I could enter the log in
credentials.

A quick look at the application logs pointed to Unity Cisco Security
Application preventing the Real VNC "hooks" which monitor graphical changes
on the desktop.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I selected the "windows
polling" option to avoid the use the "hooks" option.  The server rebooted
without getting stuck.

Tom