[cisco-voip] End of the PBX

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:05:04 EST 2009

I don't know if I can give you much.

M$ does do a good job of Presence, and IM.  I think that Unified messaging
still has a little to be desired, but in 3 to 5 years I think they could
nail that down.  I do have a school using Exchange 2k7 for there UM system.
works well for them.  We use OCS for Presence and IM and am working on
integrating it with CM when I have time.

I don't think I like the idea of runing my call processing on M$ now that
I'm on the appliance based CM.  But that doesn't mean that there won't be a
mix and match of systems in the future if both M$ and Ci$co don't do things
to make one system or the other, truely the best.

MS doesn't currently have any contact center stuff to my knowledge so that
will have to come if they really want to contend in the PBX market.

just my 2 cents

Scott