[cisco-voip] Listener Echo

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Fri Feb 20 19:53:12 EST 2009

Despite whatever you read on CCO about 2-wire to 4-wire, try first
changing the phone load. You may want to try several loads before
chasing down a echo canceller, etc.

Older loads (2002-2003) had issues with the mic picking up the speaker
on 79x0s.

Also use a older 7940/60 measure the ERL and adjust input gain and
output attenuation as in the bottom of this article (this won't work
with 7941 or newer phones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a
0080149a1f.shtml