[cisco-voip] National Number prefix not displayed on phones when transferring a call with QSIG

PhilippG pgciscovoip at gmx.net
Sun Feb 22 12:11:34 EST 2009

Hello everybody!

We have a customer whose CCM-Cluster is connected to a traditional PBX
via a QSIG E1. The CCM-Cluster has no PSTN-lines, the PSTN-lines are all
in the PBX.

PSTN -----ISDN/E1----- PBX -----QSIG/E1----- CCM.

We are adding a 0 as access code and a 0 for national number type for
incoming PSTN calls to the calling number according to this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml#ccm2

So we have filled in the 4 number prefix fields and when an external
number is calling a ccm-phone we get the correct number displayed (with
the leading 0s) and the number is also dialable from missed numbers list.
For example : 4234562222 is displayed on phone with 004234562222

But when an external caller is dialing an extension in the PBX and this
extension is transferring the call to a ccm-extension the leading digits
are not prefixed. The number on the display of an ip-phone is 4234562222.

In CCM-trace i can see that the calling party number is sent to
callmanager in a facility-message with correct numbering plan type
(national).

CCM-trace shows also that CCM is recognizing it as an national number:

02/18/2009 12:48:42.452 CCM|TRANSFQSIGASN - StructuredOutput:value
CTCompleteRose ::= invoke :
   {
     invokeID 2560,
     operationValue localValue : 12,
     argument
     {
       endDesignation secondaryEnd,
       redirectionNumber presentationAllowedAddress :
         {
           partyNumber publicPartyNumber :
             {
               publicTypeOfNumber nationalNumber,
               publicNumberDigits "4234562222"
             },
           screeningIndicator userProvidedNotScreened
         },
       callStatus answered
     }

But the National Number Prefix is not added on the phone display.

Customer has 4.1.3 SR2

I see the same behavoir in my lab with 6.1.3 and another PBX-vendor, so
i do not think it is a bug, i believe it is either an config issue or it
is just not supported.

Any ideas?