[cisco-voip] How to use G711 when call placed via CM H323 gateway

Andy Yerofyeyev andrew at routeip.net
Wed Jan 7 10:47:32 EST 2009

Ryan , thanks for reply

> Note the outbound TCS only has g.729 in it.  This indicates there is no
> codec configured on the inbound dial-peer.  Also of interest is that the
> inbound TCS also only has g.729 so this is probably why your g.711 call
> fails.

Here is it :
Jan  7 15:01:47.920: H245 MSC INCOMING PDU ::=
      capabilityTable
        {
          capabilityTableEntryNumber 1
          capability receiveAudioCapability : g729 : 6
        },

> Do you perhaps have MTP required set on the gateway and are invoking a
> g.729 only MTP?

MTP Required flag is UNchecked. If I check it call is connected w/729 and
wont connect if incoming DP restricted w/codec g711ulaw. I have 2 software
MTP configured , which belongs to same Region/DP/Location.

--
Best Regards,

Andriy Yerofyeyev CCIE #21607
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ccie21607