[cisco-voip] Fraud calls to Cuba - Please read

Stefan Baltus stefan at iunxi.nl
Thu Jan 8 04:47:42 EST 2009

I was planning to send Cisco a letter complaining about the fact that these
'features' are enabled by default on an ISR which is positioned as the
platform that does everything (in this case being a voip gateway and
internet router). I would like to hear other thoughts about this as well.

In my view, opening a TAC case would be of lesser use. Better send a letter
to John Chambers or the like of him.

Stefan

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 10:39:34AM +0100, Nicolas wrote:
> Does someone open a TAC at Cisco to talk aout it ?
> What Cisco say about that ?
>
> Nicolas
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Aman Chugh <aman.chugh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I had this happen as well to a CME router which the customer connected to
> > the Internet and the router also had a PRI from the local telco. Customer
> > had put in a public ip on the router exposing it to the Internet as they
> > wanted to do an IPSEC tunnel as well. After investigation it was discovered
> > that some one was using SIP port on the router and running a script to call
> > numbers in CUBA and all calls were a minute call. We put in an ACL to block
> > SIP and H.323 on the router to stop this. I believe someone is using SIP
> > port (5060) from the Internet and making calls through your FXO line.
> >

> > Aman
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Ryan West <rwest at zyedge.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  The feature set doesn't imply that CBAC is configured correctly.  Check
> >> your outside ACL and since you're only using MGCP, you can use the link
> >> below to disable SIP processing (most likely your culprit, probably a
> >> calling card company that scans for open routers).  You should also disable
> >> H323 as well.  To see if the router has the firewall running, issue a show
> >> ip inspect sessions.  The command I was thinking of earlier is 'show
> >> control-plan host open-ports', which do a netstat type listing on the
> >> router.
> >>

> >> Hope that helps.
> >>

> >> -ryan

E: stefan at iunxi.nl                      iunxi BV
M: +31 (0)6 18844094                    Postbus 1315
T: +31 (0)88 5400500                    1300 BH   ALMERE
F: +31 (0)88 5400501