[cisco-voip] Fraud calls to Cuba - Please read

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Thu Jan 8 06:50:31 EST 2009

Cisco just blames you for not putting up a firewall (or ACLs) in the
first place.

However I couldn't agree with you more ... been there, burnt myself too,
and have heard of several others too. Just search this list ...
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Anet.nether.puck.cisco-voip+sip+port+open

and this has been going on for years now. I think the keyword here is
ignorance.

Even as as an afterthought I do agree with Cisco (that ACLs, firewalls
should be put in place etc.) I still cannot accept, that this is a sane
default.

Anyway. You'll see a bunch of angry rants every time someone pops up
this question, then nothing.

regards,
  Zoltan Kelemen