[cisco-voip] TFTP server with no username/password?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Jan 13 09:30:52 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Jason Aarons (US)
<jason.aarons at us.didata.com> wrote:
> A customer setup their tftp server and emailed me that ;  "TFTP Server is
> setup on 10.x.x.x.  It automatically saves to the directory we want it to go
> to.  No username or password required to TFTP to it."
>
> I'm thinking DRS in 7.0(1) is going to require a username/password.  Any
> tried to use DRS without a username/password?

The TFTP protocol does not allow a username and/or password.  Are you
sure that DRS in 7.0(1) allows TFTP as a destination for backups?
According to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/7_0_1/DRS_CUCM/drsag701.html#wp195093

only SFTP is allowed.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"