[cisco-voip] SIP dial-rule for PLAR

Alex de GRUITER alex.degruiter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:48:35 EST 2009

Hello,
We have a large SIP implementation, and have a requirement for auto dial. We
have tried following the Cisco guide here to no avail:

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmsys/a03adial.html#wp1037569

The SIP dial-rule is configured with "Button 1" and "Pattern 99999", to
supposedly force a PLAR to extension 99999. The SIP dial-rule is then
applied to the IP phone (we are using a 7906, so have used a 7940_7960_OTHER
SIP dial rule). When the target device goes off-hook, it doesn't provide
dial tone, but unfortunately also doesn't try to make a call. The Cisco
reference above is that it talks about assigning a button for PLAR, but not
even a pattern.

SCCP PLAR is easy enough (there are lots of guides to do this, for example
http://www.ccievoicestudy.com/index.php?articleID=33).

Has anyone had any success with getting PLAR to work with SIP? CUCM version
6.1.2.

Regards,

Alex