[cisco-voip] TFTP Server Install

STEVEN CASPER SCASPER at mtb.com
Mon Jan 26 08:38:32 EST 2009

 I am in the process of labing installing dedicated TFTP servers into my Call Manager 6.1.1b environment. After the install of the new server all looked good. The new server showed up in RTMT, replication looked good and the TFTP screen indicates that when a phone resets are configs are being loaded from the new TFTP server. I have the Call Manager service deactivated and it does not apear I need a node licence for a TFTP server. Two areas of concern:

1. I was not able to install new phones after installing the new server. I was getting a error 'Add Failed [4817] Licence file not loaded. I verifed I had plenty of DLUs. A Publisher reboot seems to have fixed this issue.

2. The backup process is hanging when it hits the new TFTP server. I have verified that the DRF processes are running on the new server and restarted them. The status screen indicates that the process is active for backing up TFTP on the server but never advances.

Thanks for any feedback,

Steve

Please consider the impact on our environment before printing this e-mail.
This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information that is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient or entity, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of the information contained in the transmission.  If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.  This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.  You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.
There are risks associated with the use of electronic transmission.  The sender of this information does not control the method of transmittal or service providers and assumes no duty or obligation for the security, receipt, or third party interception of this transmission.