[cisco-voip] IOS VG Link redundancy

Brandon Bennett bennetb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:37:59 EST 2009

> Wh*at* makes you want to change it?

Well it's mostly a political thing.  We are trying to remove the network
team from the gateways and remove the voice team from the network.

Also 12.4(15)T8 which is required for our CVP install has proven itself so
completely unstable that the idea of having it in my routing domain scares
me and probably the less services running on it the better.

I am doing max-metric, and a separate OSPF area for the VGs so that they
will never try to route traffic not for them, but it seems to me there
should be a better way to have an IOS device that doesn't have to
participate with a RP with the rest of the network.

-Brandon