[cisco-voip] IOS VG Link redundancy

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Jan 26 20:26:22 EST 2009

Trying to separate the two (voice and network) will probably give you more trouble than it's worth. I can understand wanting to separate the two groups, but you should be able to work together without much issue. Most of the time, it's really just working out a configuration and then letting it be.

We have two seperate voice and network groups, but we work very closely (we're in the same building actually) on many of our projects. The VGW and VG224s is a perfect example. We're working together on another project on moving our voice servers behind a set of redundant server farm switches with FWSM and ACE modules and making sure we conform to all of Cisco's requirements. This would be impossible without a strong network team.

Consider the the gateways as just another network device with voice as a service.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt