[cisco-voip] IOS VG Link redundancy

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Mon Jan 26 21:41:43 EST 2009

HSRP has been replaced by GLBP in the Cisco Advanced Services configs I
see.  These are large routed networks also using WCCP/WAAS with mostly
6500s/Sup720s back to ISR 3800s. I can't clarify why, but understand it
has something to do with WAAS usually.

http://www.ciscoblog.com/archives/2006/04/hsrp_vs_vrrp_vs.html