[cisco-voip] Unity upgrade, DiRT or COBRAS

Ian du Preez iandupreez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 05:44:53 EST 2009

Hi all

Was wondering what you guys think.

My scenario is: Unity 4.0(5) UM with Exchange 2003. 2000 Users. Want to
upgrade to Unity 5 while

upgrading Hardware to. I want to also then point Unity 5 to the new Exchange
2007 cluster already

running on the Domain.

So this is the 2 options I think I have.

1)      RunSchema updates for Unity 5

Upgrade current 4.X Server to 5.x

DiRT Backup Unity

Build new hardware into Domain and install Unity 5 (new name and IP)

Switch off old server and DiRT restore on new one.

Point new server to Exchange 2007 cluster.

2)      Install Unity 5 on new Hardware with new name and IP

Point it to Exchange 2007 cluster.

Use COBRAS to export Subscribers of Unity 4 server

Import them on Unity 5 server.
Switch of old Unity 4 server