[cisco-voip] 7970 external ports

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jan 27 19:27:12 EST 2009

I'm not sure what you are using to do your paging, but I would suspect this is the same thing. If you are using multi-cast, like me, if the headset button is enabled, then the sound comes through the headset. That in turn would be connected to a speaker, something you would have anyways. Someone would have to manually disable the headset. I think when you pick up the handset and put it down again, the headset is still activated.

There's also auto-answer with headset. Not sure if that helps.

Worse comes to worst, you could call the company and ask if they could design something for you that does what you want. I'm sure it's something they've thought of, and just need a reason to do it. It would probably require opening the phone and plugging something in, but that shouldn't be too hard.