[cisco-voip] Question about the model number of a MCS-7825 server

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jan 29 15:39:53 EST 2009

You could probably call up the 800 number for TAC and ask them to
verify support on the server based on the serial number and they
could tell you what the model is.

Otherwise www.cisco.com/go/swonly and match up the hardware specs.

-Ryan

On Jan 29, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Tim Reimers wrote:

hey ---

I'm sure this is easy--

I have a 7825 1-U server that I need to get the _exact_ model number
off of for Smartnet purposes.

I found the serial number barcode, but -no-where on the unit do I
find anything like "MCS-7825-LFU"  or anything like that.

Seems like there IS supposed to be an "MCS-78XX-XXX" on these things
someplace..
I actually pulled it OUT of the rack, flipped it around on all sides,
and there are no labels that are unreadable, etc.

I don't think the green cover comes off the front, does it? I didn't
find a way that didnt' seem to involve excessive force!

Tim Reimers
Systems Analyst II
Information Technology Services
City of Asheville