[cisco-voip] Setting up 2610 as a SIP gateway to PBX

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Thu Jan 29 17:42:24 EST 2009

Do you have a DSP module for the B channels to the Mitel? You would need
something like an AIM-VOICE-30. The information below should help you get
started with a config.. It will need to be optimized for your needs.  .

controller T1 0/2/0
 clock source internal
 pri-group timeslots 1-24
 description TO MITEL-PRI

interface Serial0/2/0:23
 description TO MITEL-PRI
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn protocol-emulate network
 isdn incoming-voice modem
 no cdp enable

dial-peer voice 100 pots
 destination-pattern .T
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/2/0:23
 no sip-register

dial-peer voice 200 voip
 translation-profile outgoing <name> <--- Only if you need to translate
 destination-pattern ....
 voice-class codec 1
 session protocol sipv2
 session target sip-server
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad

sip-ua
sip-server <dns or ip of asterisk server>
<any sip/isdn cause code mappings you might want to add>

voice class codec 1
  codec preference 1 g711ulaw
  codec preference 2 g729r8