[cisco-voip] Phone stopped ringing and blinking BLF: upgrade needed?

Ruben Montes (Europe) Ruben.Montes at eu.didata.com
Thu Jan 29 18:12:11 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm preparing a customer migration for this weekend and I've suffered a very starnge problem this afternoon.

Doing some testing, suddenly one of the phones has stopped ringing and the busy lamp stopped blinking for all the calls: the call was in the phone, but no ring or visual sign. I've gone to user preferences and when I tried to reproduce some of the tones, the softkey to do it was grayed out.

I restarted the phone and it began to ring again but I'm very worried about that because it happened again later in another phone (all of them 7911).

I have CCM 6.1.2.1000-13 and device package 8.3.4. I'm thinking of moving to 6.1(3).

Is anyone using 6.1(3) that can give some feedback? Has anyone experienced a problem similar to this one?

Thanks in advance,

Ruben