[cisco-voip] Cisco 2801 - PRI

Karen Cheng kcheng at thiess.com.au
Wed Jul 1 22:46:51 EDT 2009

If you do a sow inventory on the router it will show you the amount of DSP's you have installed in the router. Moving the PRI card from one router to another will achieve nothing more than allowing a connection point for the ISDN.

You will at least 1 DSP per channel that your ISDN service has, eg if it is a 30 channel ISDN then you need at least 30 DSP's (comes in certain numbers though).

Karen Cheng
Network Engineer - ICT
Thiess Business Services

Thiess Pty Ltd